When you choose Beaufort Dental as your family’s dental care provider, you choose unmatched quality, services, and treatments guided by the expertise of true professionals. Our team is dedicated to the excellence of your oral health, providing everything you need to maintain the wellness of your teeth and the education to prevent future problems.
Join us in redefining dentistry by creating an atmosphere where you enjoy coming to the dentist. If you are in or around Beaufort, NC, today is your lucky day! Call our office and schedule an appointment to experience dentistry the way it should be.
Cleanings & Exams
Cleanings and exams are fundamental building blocks to all other aspects of dentistry. These services are designed to fulfill the health of your smile, prolong the wellness of your teeth and gums, and establish a foundation for a brighter future. While the idea of a cleaning or exam isn’t as exciting as cosmetic enhancements, the benefits of these routine services are unmatchable.
We recommend that you visit us for a cleaning and exam at least every six months.
- Our team members will brush, floss, and polish your teeth to ensure they are sparkling and bright; we will also take care in removing plaque and tartar from all surfaces of each tooth.
- For your exam, we will use visual evaluation and a digital x-ray to ensure your health is in excellent condition. If we notice anything unusual, this will be the perfect time to schedule treatment and prevent the problem from worsening.
Oral Cancer Screenings
As a part of every exam, we will evaluate your gum tissue, lips, neck, and facial region for the existence of any abnormal lumps, patches, or persistent ulcers. Oral cancer is a serious condition and our team maintains a top priority on keeping you safe and healthy.
If we notice anything concerning during your checkup, we will ensure you are notified immediately. We will then work together to schedule treatment and restore your health as quickly as possible.
Dental crowns are ceramic restorative appliances used to protect teeth that have been weakened by decay or damage. These appliances are typically placed following a root canal procedure or preparation of a severely damaged tooth.
Our CEREC technology allows us to create a precise restorative crown in just one day! The crowns will fit your smile perfectly with the durability to endure normal chewing pressure and function. Crowns restore the appearance and performance of your smile while keeping your natural tooth preserved and protected.
We recommend that crowns be replaced every 15 years and will notify you if we begin to spot weakening of your dental crown.
Bridges serve as a great restorative solution if you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in a sequence. A bridge consists of a series of three or more crowns that have been fused together to restore function and appearance to your smile.
- The appliance is placed after healthy, natural teeth on either side of your smile gap have been reshaped and contoured.
- Once this is complete, the crowns on the outer sides of the bridge are able to fit over the prepared teeth.
- The appliance is then cemented into position and held in place by your natural teeth.
With proper cleaning and maintenance, bridges can last between five and seven years before requiring replacement.
Dentures are another option for replacing your missing teeth. This removable appliance is composed of artificial teeth made from resin or porcelain and a gum-colored base that is fabricated from a flexible polymer material.
When teeth are lost, your lips may begin to sag inward, making the surrounding tissue appear wrinkled or prematurely aged. Dentures are able to support the lips and skin to prevent this sunken effect.
Our practice provides both partial and complete denture appliances to restore one or more missing teeth.
- Complete dentures are designed to restore a full arch of missing teeth. This appliance is held in place by either suction or dental adhesive.
- Partial dentures are able to replace one or more missing teeth. In most cases, this appliance is secured by clipping onto neighboring teeth and utilizing their natural strength for support.
While we do all we can to prevent tooth extraction, there are some cases where it is considered beneficial to your health. This includes:
- Severe decay
- Irreparable damage
To perform a simple extraction, we will first provide an anesthetic to ensure you are numb. You may feel pressure during the procedure, but not pain.
- We will begin by gently rocking the tooth back and forth to release it from its supporting ligaments.
- Once the tooth and root become detached from the jawbone, we will gently slide it out of the socket.
- At this time, we may begin preparing for a restorative procedure to replace the tooth if necessary or desired.
Surgical extractions are typically performed on impacted wisdom teeth or other teeth that have failed to emerge due to overcrowding.
- In this procedure, we will once again ensure you feel no pain by providing a local anesthetic.
- Then, we will create a small incision in the gum tissue from which the tooth will be removed.
- The tooth will be removed in one piece or in fragments, depending on what is best for the surgical success and recovery.
- The incision will then be sutured closed for healing.
Our office utilizes fillings made from composite material to restore your damaged tooth. If we discover the development of a small cavity, severely weakened enamel, or minor chips and cracks, a filling can be used to halt the progression of these issues and restore your smile.
By using tooth-colored composite, we are able to treat the tooth without leaving any indication of work being done. The process of getting a filling at Beaufort Dental goes as follows:
- The tooth will be prepared by being cleaned thoroughly or having decay removed.
- Composite material will be applied to the target area of the tooth and molded into position.
- The material will be set into place by an LED curing light.
- As the final step, we will polish and contour the filling to ensure it blends seamlessly with the natural tooth.
Sealants are a preventative service offered to protect the surfaces of molars from decay. Most commonly utilized for children first learning the proper brushing technique, this treatment is also great for adults with deep pits and fissures in their back teeth.
- Sealants are applied by first having the molars thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- Once this is complete, the sealant material will be painted onto the surfaces of the teeth.
- Finally, the material will be set under an LED light to begin protecting teeth.
Once the sealant is properly set, it will act as a shield from any future accumulation of food debris, plaque, and tartar. When carefully maintained with proper oral hygiene, sealants can last up to 10 years.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
Sleep apnea is a condition that interferes with your ability to get a full night of rest. This is caused by an oral obstruction of the airway as muscles and tissues begin to relax and block the trachea; soft tissues in the mouth and throat are typically responsible for this occurrence.
Most people aren’t even aware they suffer from the condition, but may notice the following symptoms:
- Daytime drowsiness
- Trouble focusing
- Morning headaches
- Dry mouth after waking up
Our office offers sleep apnea treatments by the use of oral devices; these devices are designed to reposition the lower jaw and bring it forward. By doing this, more space is created in the mouth that allows for sufficient airflow and prevents obstruction of the airway.
If you believe you are suffering from sleep apnea, please give us a call. We will then provide you with further instructions on confirming your diagnosis and creating an oral appliance to fit you.
A dental emergency can happen at any time, and we want you to feel confident about where to turn when something unexpected occurs. As your selected dental care providers, our team is capable of addressing you or your child’s dental emergency and delivering the care you need as soon as possible. Our caring and compassionate team members are also committed to keeping you relaxed during this stressful time.
You can trust that our experts are well equipped to manage an emergency situation and produce the best outcome for your family’s smile. If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, don’t wait! Call our office now for further instructions.
Building the Best Smiles in Beaufort
When you choose Beaufort Dental for your family’s dental care needs, you are truly doing the best for your oral wellness. Our caring and knowledgeable team members are truly dedicated to providing you with the best experience and education possible to ensure a bright future for your smile. If you’re looking for dentistry that incorporates the best technology, most convenient care, and absolute expertise, all delivered by kind, compassionate team members, we are the practice for you!
Ready to schedule your appointment? Call our office today and allow us to take care of you!