A cosmetically enhanced smile can make a big difference! It can give you the confidence to nail a big job interview, ensure that pictures are perfect when capturing a special moment, or make your smile bright on a first date; but truly, you don’t need an excuse or special occasion to do something great for yourself!
At Beaufort Dental in Beaufort, NC, we want to serve as your partners for reaching the smile of your dreams. With our team on your side, you can transform your smile for a dramatic appearance or create subtle differences that enhance your features. The choice is yours in our office!
We invite you to call today to get started; we know you want to!
Chips and cracks in your smile can be repaired with ease by the use of our bonding procedure. Bonding is performed in order to restore the appearance of a minimally damaged tooth and conceal the detection of cosmetic flaws. We use cosmetic material, the same material used for fillings.
- This tooth-colored substance is applied to the damaged area of the tooth and smoothed into the proper position using our specialized tools.
- Once you are satisfied with the appearance of the composite, the material is hardened by an LED curing light.
- We will then buff out any rough patches or imperfect areas to complete the bonding process.
While it may be tempting to purchase whitening products in stores, we can assure you that they won’t produce satisfactory results. Using these products will not give you the same outcomes as those achieved in our office, and they may actually damage your teeth!
Our whitening procedure is the most effective and safest method for producing desirable results. When properly maintained, a whitening treatment can brighten the color of your smile for up to five years. In order to prolong the appearance of your newly whitened smile, we advise you to follow these guidelines:
- Brush twice each day
- Floss daily
- Avoid dark sodas, coffee, and tea
- Limit the consumption of vibrant fruits, soy sauce, or beets
- Rinse your mouth after consuming foods and drinks capable of staining
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the surface of your teeth to conceal the appearance of discoloration, staining, and minor chips or cracks. They are also able to hide gaps and overcrowded teeth! In our practice, the application of veneers will take place over the span of up to three appointments. This gives us time to plan for the procedure, prepare the veneer shells, and finally bond them into place.
When the time comes to apply veneers, the following process is performed:
- Your teeth are prepared by having a thin layer of enamel removed from their surface.
- Water is applied to the surface of each tooth and the veneers are placed on top; this allows us to determine that the shape, size, color, and overall fit are perfect.
- The teeth are cleaned and veneers are securely bonded to the surface of each tooth.
It’s important that you are aware that once enamel is removed from your teeth, it will not regenerate or grow back. It will be necessary for you to continue wearing veneers to protect your smile against sensitivity and decay in the future.
Veneers are durable and capable of handling the daily function of your teeth, but will typically need to be replaced every 10 or 15 years.
Cosmetic Dentistry Designed For You
Our practice prides itself on our ability to achieve what you need to have a healthy, happy, beautiful smile. We recognize that your smile is important to you and make it our goal to ensure you are satisfied with the results of any service or procedure.
At Beaufort Dental, your smile matters most and we are thrilled to be a part of your smile makeover process. Call today to book an appointment and let’s bring your dream smile to life!